Termite solutions?

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 06:12:24 -0600

>On the other hand, you could do what is normal and stop them at the  source,
>namely the nest in the ground, and whatever is in the piano will leave or die.
>Although there are a few species of termites that actually live in the wood
>itself, most live in soil and need a water source. They are just visiting the
>piano.

>Bill Simon
>Phoenix

We plan to do that, of course, but you'd be amazed at what the Formosans
can do without any pipeline to the ground and a quick end to their progress
in piano and furniture is very desirable. Here I.ve seen a church choir
loft including benches and organ pipes that was devestated incredibly
quickly, CO2 is probably do gentle for them.

Dave Doremus RPT
Algiers Piano Works, Ltd

Restoration and Tuning of
Modern and Historical