celesta (chelesta?)

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 23:23:02 +0100

>Antares,
>
>Refelting is not really an option here as no one does it.  The
>hammers will need replacing but I am wondering if the new
>hammers need to be especially hard?  I will be looking at the
>Celeste tomorrow.
>
>David ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA

Of course they need to be hard, you need "body" to voice, otherwise no sound
at all.
I now understand about the refelting not being done in the US. To me it
sounds like a crazy idea.
In Europe therer are several famous addresses for refelting. That way one
keeps the original hammer which sometimes is extremely important for hammer
weight.

Anyway, idf it is possible to obtain the "right" hammers from Schiedmayer,
then by all means.

I'll be off to LA for a couple of weeks. Hear from you in January ?

OOR