ET

Dan Eumurian cen09460@centuryinter.net
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:03:54 -0600

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 12/20/98 11:20:36 AM Central Standard Time, fiol@bway.net
> writes:
>
> << But, you couldn't write twelve tone music in an HT because
>  all the relationships between notes are presumed to be equal in twelve tone
>  music.  >>
>
> Personally, I'd enjoy the opportunity to ruin, distort and disfigure just
> about any 12 tone music I've ever heard with an HT.  Can anybody out there
> name a 12 tone tune that ever made the hit parade?
>
> Bill Bremmer RPT
> Madison, Wisconsin

Hey, what's modern music about if not exploring new combinations of
sound? Somebody should perform a 12 tone piece in a historical
temperament. You heard it here first. BTW, there are a few things on the
hit parade that should be "ruined, distorted and disfigured" back into
shape. ;o)

Happy Incarnation Celebration!!

Dan Eumurian, RPT
1634 Barlow St.
La Crosse (where the impact of winter has finally hammered us),
WI 54601