"Pecking Order"

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 10:58:03 -0800

Hi Bill,

Wish your temperatment were as *mild* as the one you propose to inflict
without knowledge on your clients!

I consider most of the ppl you have trashed and otherwise insulted as my
friends.

You were asked by the ppl managing the list to *drop* your original ham
fisted attempts at forcing your own particular brand of morality on the
list. Too bad you didn't stay GONE!

At 12:24 AM 2/1/98 EST, you wrote:

Susan {Kline},  Conrad,  John Page, Gina Carter

>You took great pains to save every one of my posts and dig through them,
copying
>everything you could find that you thought was some kind of attack.

Like many ppl on the list Susan used Eudora so all messages are saved. Bill
you are either *digitally* challenged in the extreme or a fool or both.

 According
>to you, I attacked Jim Coleman, John Travis, William Braide White, etc.  This
>is not true of course.

It was my personal interpretation you did attack all these ppl and more!

>     When I spoke of substandard conditions in the preparation of a piano
that
>I knew George Winston to use, and that this was the reason he had this
list of
>specifications that people on the List were delighting in ridiculing, I was
>the one who was ridiculing someone else.

Yet when I requested Mr. Winstons preparation list, you true to form
refused the request as and I quote "I am not sure how you would use it, and
I don't want ppl rediculing Mr. Winston"

>    When I made the remark about Jeffry Siegle, I did likewise and I'll only
>reiterate, not elaborate:  In the venue where he performs, he has played on a
>piano for years that never has been tuned in ET, it isn't even close to ET
but
>he accepts it as such and makes ridiculing, derrogatory remarks about the
>HT's.

Is this a sneak attack on both Mr. Siegle and the person who looks after
this instrument? Are you suggesting the other person does as you do and
*skulks* about tuning HT's on pianos without the owners knowledge? Or worse
yet that the *other* tuner is incompetant to tune ET?

Or are you saying that ET while theortically possible just doesn't happen
in the real world?

>     I went off the List for about two months because as I saw it, everything
>I said could and would be used against me and I had so much work to do,
such a
>heavy load of piano and literary work that I had to turn my attention to it,
>not the low life that I was reading about on this List.

Bill you have a very poor memory. You openly challenged anyone to post
quotes from your epistles that were derogatory. You said if anyone could
*prove* that there were *nasty comments* you would leave. Susan replied
with a few (by no means all!) examples and you left! So far as I can tell
nearly everyone on the list breathed a sigh of relief to see you GONE! I
see however that you decided to give *us* another chance. How noble of you
to come back and *immediately* begin fighting with as many ppl as possible.

>I immediately saw someone trashing the reputation
>of Baldwin Spinets.  I wrote a post to try to set him straight on this.  We
>should not ridicule the instruments upon which we make our living.  We should
>learn how to service them properly instead.

Bill I do believe that *even* in the U.S.A. there is a right to freedom of
speech. You are again trying to *lift* the list of out of it's *moral*
decay! Lift somewhere else please!

>If what I say about HT's irritates you, then I suggest you do the same, just
>delete any post you see by me on the subject or any subject.  It is obvious
>that you have already made up your mind on the HT debate and there is no
>information I have, and I have lots of it, that would be in your slightest
>interest.   It would only irritate you to see me "wasting bandwidth" with
it.

>I'm not interested in making any personal attacks on anyone but I certainly
>will respond to any that are made on me and on anyone else and I will
>especially be critical of anyone who berates or ridicules any brand or
kind of
>piano.

Go ahead! You are destroying any credibility you may have had. I for one
was *very* interested in HT. Now, I only have a bad taste in my mouth!

>Historical Temperaments.  I tune them exclusively.  I will not entertain any
>more suggestions of "unethical" conduct however.  This is quite ridiculous if
>you ask me and I've tried to explain why it is ridiculous.

So next time you have an oil change for your car and they use a different
brand of oil without telling you, you will be immensely happy.

  I simply do not
>"go around" tuning in ways that would shock and confuse an artist, performer
>or regular customer without them knowing what I can do and with their full
>consent and approval.

I they *don't* know how can they approve? Unethical Bill. Sorry about that.
(see below your *very own words* condemn you.)

  Just because I have said that I don't always disclose
>the fact when I tune a very mild Victorian Temperament, not always, I am the
>target of accusations of fraud, unethical and "possibly illegal" conduct (or
>behavior, as Gina put it).
>     Bill Bremmer RPT
>     Madison, Wisconsin

Regards, Don