Rebuilding Artist Benches (New Thread)

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 17:57:00 -0800

Rob:
	I don't know about your question regarding rebuilding used benches, but
in regards to the "la Petite" benches, the mechanism is exactly the same
as the regular artist benches.  There is a new adjusting mechanism which
doesn't "rock" as the old style did.  I have tried to fix the old style
mechanism (tighten screws, etc.) without success.  Perhaps you could
contact one of the bench manufacturers and find out if the new mechanism
would fit retro to the old benches.  Maybe the cost wouldn't be worth
the trouble.  It certainly is a worthwhile idea, however, since the
benches aren't exactly cheap to purchase new.  Let us know if you find
success in this endeavor.
	Paul McCloud, RPT
	San Diego, CA