reply to Randy Potter

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:40:51 -0600

Hello List,
	I was one of those who were quoted in the statements somewhat detracting
form the new SAT III, never having seen one live.  I had used my old SAT
for way over 10 years with nary a problem with malfunction.  When I got my
RCT, the SAT which needs a new battery finally was put in my drawer here in
my office.  I will not sell it either.  I made the mistake of selling my
old SOT to the local theatre organ society here.  I used to love twirling
those dials.
	 I am very excited about the RCT and its use and am getting as skilled as
I can in using it.  The main reason it is exciting to me is that I am a
very visual person as well as being gadget prone.  The RCT gives my eyes
plenty to do along with my ears.  After 36 years of tuning,  I am as
enthusiastic as the beginner and the RCT is helping me stay enthused.  So
many people "burn out" and it is a shame when that happens.  I have the
feeling that I have to keep re-inventing myself to keep me fresh.  As Del
says, "If it ain't broke, break it"
	The reason why people like Jim Coleman, Sr, Ralph Martin, and Les Smith
are tops is because it is true that cream rises.  I now would place Randy
Potter in that same category.  His post today was honest, forthright, not
condescending, and to the point.  The SAT with all that it has been and
will continue to be is a part of that "cream of the crop".  My apologies to
any I may have offended when I said the SAT III was a warmed over version
of the SAT II.  It has history on its' side and my old SAT will stay with
me as my backup here in my drawer, ready to go to work when needed.
Thank you for listening.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Success is not a goal, rather it is a way of life".