loud Kimball action

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 23:15:41 EST

I tuned a 10 year old 5'8" Kimball, Vianese edition grand a couple of days
ago, and the customer complained about a noisy action. The noise I heard was
when the hammer rest rail is loose. But upon inspection, I found it to be
related to the knuckle and the jack.

As far as I could determine, the clacking sound was created when the knuckle
hit the top of the jack, yet both the knuckle and the jack are not loose.

The material of the knuckle did not appear to be buckskin, but it was not
hard.

Is there something else I am missing, or has this been a problem with
Kimbaldorfers?

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis