Recipe for trouble

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 06:03:03 EST

David asks:

>>1.  What type of wood is best for making a new key?
        Same as the old, usually sugar pine

>>2.  Where can I obtain some of this wood?
     Know anybody that has junked an old piano?  There will be one key in
there from which you should be able to carve down to the spinet size
>>3.  Any hints or warnings involved in making a replacement key?
       Write down your hourly rate on a piece of paper, and keep it on the
bench as you make a new key for a spinet.  Don't lose sight of that,
Good luck,
Ed