Warped keys

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:31:23 -0500

Hello List,

I have a piano in my care that has developed two severely warped keys,
adjacent to each other and warping opposite directions. (go figure, kind of
reminds me of David Letterman's smile) My first response is to "un" warp
them with dry heat  like we do hammer shanks.  I seem to remember, though,
someone teaching the use of steam in this case.  Your input would be
appreciated.  Some of the students here are more annoyed than usual.

Thanks,

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (614) 593-1429