floating Grands and Spar varnish

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:26:54 EST

Micheil,

It is a marine type finish that is clear and hard and water resistant.  It is
like Polyurethane but different...lol.  Someone else on the list may assist me
here.
I would not know what to tell you to buy in Holland but I would think the
clear finish you would get at a boating supply would be the same.  You use it
to help seal the block as well as keep the pins from chattering and popping
after the larger new pins are used.

ED Tomlinson

<< And what is the exactly  is Varnish? The explanation my dictionary gives is
 ambiguous.
 I understand that it is transparent paint, but is that specific enough?
 Can polyurethane be used? >>