Tech in Budapest

Ray Hopland hoplandr@cadvision.com
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 20:27:24 -0700

Rob;

        I have a Hungarian concert pianist customer who recently returned to
her homeland to do a concert.

        She told me that it took two people to tune the piano.  The
pianotuner came to tune the piano and he had his son with him.  Apparently
one of them tuned the bass while the other tuned the treble.  I didn't ask
her how the temperment was tuned but I did ask her how the piano sounded.

        By the way this is a riddle.  How do you think the piano sounded
after the duet?

        Please send your answers to the list.

        As  I see it, because the piano is a valuable instrument, a more
practical approach would be to put the piano either in storage or in a good
home until the owners get back and rent one over there for the duration.  I
think we have all heard some horror stories about pianos that have crossed
the ocean.

Regards,
Ray