JND (Foote)(expert witness)

Billbrpt@aol.com Billbrpt@aol.com
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 08:55:07 EST

<< Now in our case (as piano tuners) imagine for example an expert witness is
called to testify about what constitutes accuracy in piano tuning.  The
witness is sworn to testify what he considers the standard practice and
procedure of tuning at this time. If he is asked, "is there a system of tuning
regarded as standard that a great majority of  his profession would agree",
what would he or she say?
  "Equal Temperament"  >>

Then, if the defense put me on the stand, I'd pick that "expert's" testimomy
apart piece be piece.  For every argument given that ET is "standard",
"normal" or "usual practice", I'd give three that would refute those claims.

<<Remeber the accuracy of DNA testing in the OJ case. >>

Wasn't the verdict in that case a surprise to most of us?  It wasn't to me.  I
predicted a "not guilty" verdict but it wasn't because I didn't think he did
it.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin