Acrosonic temperament tips w/ SAT Needed.

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:38:53 -0500

Have you tried calling Dr. Sanderson himself at 800-FAST-440 (800 327
8440)?  He could give you the whole low-down on why Acrosonics and many
other small pianos are so difficult to tune.  Their scale designs simply do
not permit an even, mathematical progression of the kind the SATs are so
good at calculating.  For a nominal fee, Inventronics will send you a
print-out of a stock Acrosonic tuning that you can enter into your SAT.
The stock tuning is good for gross pitch-adjustments and for at least
getting into the ballpark with something you can refine by ear without a
whole lot of trouble.

Another thing to try would be the 2-fisted approach.  I believe Jim Coleman
Sr. is the man to credit for this approach, using 2 pages of memory in your
SAT.  Again, it is in a handout available from Inventronics.  I'll try my
hand at posting a condensed version of how to do this approach as soon as I
have something intelligible together.

ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net