Tight action centers

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 06:10:50 -0500

There had been some discussion on tight action centers in the past.  One
solution that was new and interesting but subject to someone else testing
it is to remove the action and, in a well-ventilated area, spray the
centers with an ether spray available from auto dealers.  Besides the
fellow who suggested it, has anyone else tried it?  Another suggestion that
I have tried was to push one side of the center pin in just a little, then
the other side.  The slight burr on the ends of the center pins loosen up
the felt bushing very slightly.  That method works, but I wouldn't try it
on an entire set of flanges.

Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL