another query

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 06:51:51 -0500

Les Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, pianoman wrote:
>
> > Hi All again,
> >       In the new digital pianos that have historical temperaments built in ,
> > have any of you learned ones in HT tried them and if so what is your
> > opinion of how they sound on very uniform digital instruments?

> Thanks for the opening. Jim.

..thanks for the opening, Les..

..the one thing that you didn't mention is that alot of Digital owners eventually
come back to the Acoustic..at least that has been *my* experience..there's
something that's lacking in a Digital Piano that only an acoustic piano can
deliver..I have heard that people get *tired* of the sound, or they just want a
simpler way to play without having to worry if the thing is gonna turn on or if
they press the wrong button, they're lost or can't get back to where they
were..etc...i think it might be a subliminal thing, where in their mind their
looking for the feel of the funkiness of that first piano they ever played..but as
far as tiring of the sound or tiring of buttons, that is real..

..I will never dispute what you said here and have snipped for the sake of
bandwith..Digitals are pretty frightning..but so is the Acoustic.

unequally yours,
tito