sluggish centers

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:20:01 -0600

----------
> From: Mike Masters <agraffes@worldnet.att.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: More:Re: verdigris action parts
> Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 4:55 PM
> 	Just a thought. We know that the Protek does wonders on first
contact
> and will work well for a while, but is not permanent.
> Mike Masters
> Masters Piano Service
> Lakewood, OH

How sure are we about this, or rather how temporary is not permanent?
  After the horrors of WD 40 and "center pin lubricants" being truly
temporary, I have only recently begun to use Protek (CLP) on centers.
 Also because "watering" (alcohol & water) has yet to fail. But I
tried Protek on tight jack flanges in a friends Kimball console,
(1977?) and soon will return to check them.

So I am wondering if anyone else uses Protek on centers, and how do
you like or dislike it?  Does it last longer than say two years?

Richard Moody