Verdigris

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:10:29 -0600

Hmm that makes the parafin culprit less in whippen flanges, and even
less in Jack flanges.
So did Steinway use parafin only in hammer flanges.  May I ask
Steinway this?  Also may I ask, did verdigris show up in Steinway
hammer flanges before WD 40 hit the maket.  (When was that?)

Richard Moody

----------
> From: Keith McGavern <kam544@ionet.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Verdigris
> Date: Saturday, February 14, 1998 4:57 AM
>
> Part of Richard Moody's post:
> >...But what I want to know how come it is always the hammer
flanges in
> >this "one" brand of piano?  Why not the whippen or jack flanges?
> >Don't remember seeing it on the BL flanges either...
>
> Verdigris does show up on the wippen and jack flanges on some
Steinways and