Verdigris

Norm Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:34:49 -0600

Hi Eugenia,

As I said, I was hoping that my post would create some discussion. So many are
talking about ways to treat vertigris and so many say that it always comes back.
There is no question in my mind that replacing parts is the best solution and
that converting to teflon would be more expensive than the cost of the parts.
However I believe that it would be a permanent solution if you have the skills
to make teflon work. Teflon bushings require a lot more precision fitting than
felt because they are a harder material. The birdseye would have to be sanded
flat to accommodate the teflon bushing. It could be done if you wanted to.

Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN