A 3rd ORGANAZATION

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:34:03 EST

>To a post last week
>                            There seems to be another association of
>technicians.
>The American Piano Craftsmen Association, (much to my absolute surprise) is
>located in Pittsburgh. Their yellow page ad reads: finest service standards-
>registered members technologically advanced workmanship. Get the Guild
>lawyers
>on this one, as I may see some Federal Copyright voilations on this one. This
>is only for the record as I am aware of this persons practices and do NOT
>endorse and will NOT endorse this organization. I know of no other members
>except one, but their may be more. There may be some other renegade
>organization in the US.
>If you know of any, please post. MAYBE you can even comment on them.

Any small group of technicians, or even an individual tuner, can make up an
organization, and say they are members of that organization.  When I first
became a tuner in St. Louis, I talked to a guy who said he and his brother,
who lived in Washington DC, belonged to a piano technicians group, (I don't
remembers what they called it), and he and his brother were the President and
Vice President.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding. What credentials, other than what
they say in the YP, does the organization have? If they do bad work, sooner or
later the public learn the truth, and the guy will be out of business.

Willem Blees