Digitals-- and sound modelling reply

atonal@planet.eon.net atonal@planet.eon.net
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:23:58 +0000

Susan Kline wrote:

> Speaking of which, how long before pianists can get a thin, flat
> liquid crystal monitor, which will store all their music, so they
> don't have to turn pages? It can be a terrible mess for them.
>
> I could foresee the day when he or she would just tap the left side of the
> lyre with their left foot and -- zip -- the next two pages appear. Tap
> a place further up, and -- zip -- the previous two pages reappear, (just
> in case he or she overdid it).

Already done! The Van Kovering (sp?) digitals have just that, a LCD
flat display on the music rack with staff notation. And yes, I
believe the left pedal turns the pages (where's the hollow knocking
sound on the soundboard? 8-)

Just trying to keep up with the juggernaut of technology....

Rob Kiddell,
Registered Piano Technician, PTG
atonal@planet.eon.net