Digitals-- and sound modelling reply

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:38:27 -0800 (PST)

>Susan Kline wrote:
>
>> Speaking of which, how long before pianists can get a thin, flat
>> liquid crystal monitor, which will store all their music, so they
>> don't have to turn pages? It can be a terrible mess for them.
>>
>> I could foresee the day when he or she would just tap the left side of the
>> lyre with their left foot and -- zip -- the next two pages appear. Tap
>> a place further up, and -- zip -- the previous two pages reappear, (just
>> in case he or she overdid it).
>
>Already done! The Van Kovering (sp?) digitals have just that, a LCD
>flat display on the music rack with staff notation. And yes, I
>believe the left pedal turns the pages (where's the hollow knocking
>sound on the soundboard? 8-)
>
>Just trying to keep up with the juggernaut of technology....
>

>Rob Kiddell,
>Registered Piano Technician, PTG
>atonal@planet.eon.net

See, it can be done! But not good enough!! They need one for _good_, _REAL_
pianos! One that can be moved from one instrument to another.

But thanks for the info.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"It's hopeless! Tomorrow there'll be even more books I should have read than
there are today."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant