Digitals-- and sound modelling reply

PatWilbur@aol.com PatWilbur@aol.com
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:17:17 EST

<< See, it can be done! But not good enough!! They need one for _good_, _REAL_
 pianos! One that can be moved from one instrument to another.

I recently enjoyed a science fiction story involving computerized music stands
- Roll Over Vivaldi by Stephen L. Burns (Analog Science Fiction and Fact,
February 1998 issue).

In this story, a string trio toured various obscure planets. Their music
stands contained extensive computerized music libraries, updated periodically
by modem. Each displayed the appropriate part and one could be designated as
the master or leader.

The technology exists to do this now, although I think it will be a few years
before this sort of thing will be affordable for most of us.

Pat Wilbur, Associate PTG
Fort Worth, TX