Digitals-- and time modelling

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:15:13 -0800 (PST)

At 08:17 PM 2/18/98 EST, you wrote:

><< See, it can be done! But not good enough!! They need one for _good_, _REAL_
> pianos! One that can be moved from one instrument to another.
>  >>
>I recently enjoyed a science fiction story involving computerized music stands
>- Roll Over Vivaldi by Stephen L. Burns (Analog Science Fiction and Fact,
>February 1998 issue).
>
>In this story, a string trio toured various obscure planets. Their music
>stands contained extensive computerized music libraries, updated periodically
>by modem. Each displayed the appropriate part and one could be designated as
>the master or leader.
>
>The technology exists to do this now, although I think it will be a few years
>before this sort of thing will be affordable for most of us.
>
>Pat Wilbur, Associate PTG
>Fort Worth, TX

Thanks, Pat. I'll look for it. What a pleasant idea. Was there a time
dilation factor involved? Make the circuit, play for the original audience's
greatgrandchildren, and collect 150 years of masterpieces each trip?

Non-Newtonian physics can make for very interesting fiction. (Hope you're
having a good time, Newton ..)

Best wishes,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"It's hopeless! Tomorrow there'll be even more books I should have read than
there are today."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant