wire bending

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:15:38 EST

List;
 Some time back someone put on a tip about wire bending pliers. The tip was to
put tape on one of the handles so you could always tell which way the bend was
going to go without looking at the tips.  At the time I just stuck it in ROM
and went on about my business of being obtuse.
  Well this morning I had to reset a set of very narrow backchecks and trying
to get them aligned squarely, vertically and centered was a real pain. After
fussing through the first section of checks my back-up-drive kicked in and
said "tape dummy!"
  I put the tape on and the job went much faster and while still not a joy at
least was not the pain it was BT (before tape).
  My thanks to whoever it was that suggested the taping, it certainly made my
life better this morning !   :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)