Pitch Raising using the SAT

David W. Pitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:56:57 -0700

Thanks Don for the insight on pitching raising with the RCT.  Wouldn't it be
great if we could get an electronic tuning aid to have a "sliding" scale for
each individual tuning scale?  Each time I do a pitch raise I write down how
far flat the notes are before tuning, and how much compensation I used during
the pitch raise.  Then after the pitch raise I see how close the piano is to
what the final tuning should be.  I hope that after years of practice I can
begin to see what a particular make and model piano needs for the "sliding"
scale in pitch raising.  Unfortunately, I work a lot on some pianos, and others
I may only do once in a lifetime, so it is hard to see a track record on those
I do infrequently.  Now if all the tuners pooled their results ....