Keyboards!

David Boyce David@bouncer.force9.net
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:19:51 -0000

Hello folks,

On the electronic versus 'real' debate, I was quite amused last Monday.  On
a Monday morning, I take a Special Needs class for photography.  They have
a variety of learning difficulties - Down's Syndrome, etc.  We were looking
at catalogues of Image Libraries, with many different styles of
photographs.  I came across a picture, taken from above, of a little girl
playing a Steinway grand.  The full length of the piano was in the photo,
with the lid off.  "What is in this picture?", I asked.  They answered, in
chorus "A KEYBOARD"!

Folks, what view is taken in America (and by the PTG) of part-time tuners?
The Pianoforte Tuners Association in Britain will not permit part-timers to
sit the test and join.  Their view is that a person could attain the
standard neccessary to pass the test, but unless they are tuning full-time,
they would not be able to maintain that standard.  What do you think about
this?  I'm very interested in your opinions, especially as I am part-time
myself.  There simply isn't enough volume of work available in this area to
sustain a full-time wage all year round.

Best wishes folks,

David.

David@bouncer.force9.net