One Puff

Oleg Isaac oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:21:51 +0100

Barrie,

Sorry I did not repond to your historical question.
In fact, I did never heard about your priest, and the book is in french
only, and it treat the piano manufacturinf from1849 only, as the first
invention patents are from that date.

I've always thought that one's puff was Teflon and talc, but I have read
recently it is mica and ??? - in fact it works a little better than
talcum powder, but the Dupont de Nemours micronized Teflon (in fact the
name is ZYLON MP100) , is really effective for rollers, and some over
uses. It stays for 6 months or so , and effect is immediate -5 g or so
in the DW. very fluid touch, pianists often like it, and I found it
protects the roller .
I don't remember how much it is sold, as I called DUPONT DE NEMOURS and
they send me a 750 g sample "for tests" . Send me your adress and I
will  post you some.

Have a nice year.

I went off the list because I spended too much time reading (3 or 4
times the same posts ) and it bothers me a little. Now I read the
digests (sometime) I have a lot of work anyway - will be back later.

Best regards from

Isaac OLEG