Boston verticals

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:50:40 EST

My preference is Yamaha.  I would consider a U1 Yamaha.  The Boston is a
Kawai.  Improved with what features????... other than German strings and
features that are similar to Kawai.  Do not be afraid of Escaine... many
manufacturers use this with great, long lasting results. (including Yamaha)

Ed

<< List,
     I'm considering the purchase of a studio vertical to take some wear off
of the grand.
 Is the Boston vertical a Kawai with closer tolerances or does it have
Steinway design
 features?  I am impressed with the Samicks (sp?) that I have seen; they seem
to be a good
 value but I'm concerned about possible non-leather knuckles and manufacturing
tolerances.
 And  finally, the Young Chang vertical seems to play like a truck.  Any
comments or
 suggestions?
     Chuck Bell
     Associate member