Boston verticals reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 19:51:40 -0600

Hi All,
I will chime in on this also. I have tuned 1 Boston 45" and it played like
a bear.  Tuning pins were jumpy, tone was not musical.  I tuned 1 48"
Boston with jumpy pins and 1 52" Boston, same problem.  The case for the
45" Boston was sloppily made and veneered and was made by Kimball.  Reports
I have heard said that warranty veneer problems have not been taken care of
at a large university here.
Bottom line for me, and this is my opinion,  you are better off with the
Kawai rather than Boston, and better than that would be Yamaha U-1's.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
"I'm on my way towards the mighty light of knowledge".