Voicing, M&H new

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:20:03 -0600

How new?.  If it is still  under warranty, I would call the factory.
They might have specific details as to voicing, hardening etc. Or
they might have a policy of not using any hardener, which would be
nice to know before applying any. They might want their tech to take
a look at it before too much is done.
	Another consideration might be to replace one hammer. The factory
should send you a few. Somethimes a lacking tone isn't in the
hammers, and if it is a new piano, this would have to be done for a
warranty claim sooner or later.
	Even though a previous tech might have bungled the job, it becomes
your problem when you try to correct it. But if you consult the
factory, you have a pretty powerful ally.

Richard Moody