Piano = Pet + Car

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sun, 31 May 1998 21:52:21 -0400

Dear Listmates:

So many of you asked for this -- an explanation of how a piano is like a
cross between a pet and a car.

Like a car, it needs periodic maintenance.  Like a pet, it lives with and
craves attention from its family.  Afterall, it is made of organic
materials ... and therefore it has organic requirements (a launching point
for the dry subject of humidity control) and sometimes organic desires ...
.. (grist for other posts, bordering on the pornographic).

I am currently working on a more thorough explanation about this analogy.
At the moment it is rather disorganized, and it may be a few days yet
before I can bring it up to printable form.  This analogy has been
mentioned in 2 posts I wrote on Customer Relations -- the First Piano Parts
1 and 2, posted on July 31/97.  I can re-post them if anyone would like.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net