The ideal pianotech vehical??

moment@pacbell.net moment@pacbell.net
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 00:17:05 -0700

Robert Goodale wrote:

> Currently I drive a 1987 Honda Civic, by far the most reliable car I
> have ever owned. With over 123,000K on the clock it still runs smooth as
> silk and gets over 30 MPG. Being such a small car, however, and in
> anticipation of eventually getting into more rebuilding activity, I'm
> starting to think "truck".
> ...trailer.

I have an '87 Civic CRX, also a great car, with 145k miles.  It's actually
my wife's car, and if I'm nice to her she lets me use it for a 'truck' to
carry excess tools, grand and vertical actions.  My normal service vehicle
is a motorcylce.  I pack light, tight, and play 20 questions before I head
out on a service call and usually can get away with the bike.  I've used a
motorcycle for a service vehicle for over 15 years because otherwise I'd
never get anywhere in Southern California.

You talked about the money to upgrade to a truck.  I'd suggest you take real
good care of that Civic (not hard to do, or expensive) and look into a small
trailer.  For a hell of a lot less you can set up the right trailer to carry
tools or any piano.  If I were you I wouldn't even plan on carrying anything
over about 6'6" in length.  For the occasional big boy just pay the movers.
You'll save a lot of money in the long run and you can set up the trailer so
it is closer to the ground for loading than you could a truck.

Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy a new truck........overhead is
BAD.

Good luck
Dwight Keyes