RCT vs. SAT, Piano salespeople

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 14:04:55 -0500 (CDT)

Jim,

>I think it is typical of most of the "University sales" that the customer
>is kept unaware that it is just a sales event under the guise of a good deal
>in buying a slightly used University piano. These were brand new pianos
>which you were having to pitch raise right out of the box. The customers do
>not know that with good buying skills, they could have bought the same
>piano for the same price or less at the store

   I agree. We just had our "University piano sale" with our 40 lease
pianos. I was unaware until the day before they started moving pianos that
all of our lease pianos would stay where they were and the customer would
be taken to them. In addition, the dealer brought in well over 50
*additional* pianos, both new and used, to put in our LARGE band hall where
the sale was being held. I always thought the purpose of these sales was to
sell the pianos that had been on lease. Stupid me. :-)

>because the store would not
>have to pay the imported hot shot sales people, and the additional
>moving costs.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.

   This company has quite a few stores in the area, so at least they use
their own sales people.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
   Accelerando : what happens when drummers have to keep a steady beat.