RCT and SAT3 (long)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 03 Jun 1998 08:51:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Mitch and Jim,

   Sounds like the makings of another type of tune-off to me????  :-)

Avery

>  Jim Coleman and others have been discussing the SAT 3 and RCT here on
>  PianoTech.
>  Mitch Kiel here jumping in with both digital feet.
>  Full disclosure: I'm not just a piano tuner and avid RCT user. I also
>have a business relationship with Dean Reyburn of Reyburn CyberTuner
>that in some ways might be similar to Jim's relationship with Dr. Sanderson
>and the SAT. I am an authorized sales distributor for RCT
>(in a happy coincidence, I bought my SAT 2 from Jim in 1994),
>I teach RCT classes at conventions, and I like to write about how to use RCT.

>   Jim Coleman wrote:
>>I have deliberately avoided getting into a public battle of RCT vs SAT.

>   I think it's perfectly OK to talk about RCT and the SAT.
>   "Enlightening discussion" is a better  descriptor than "battle" for the
>way >we should conduct this conversation, as I'm sure my peace-loving
>friend Jim
>Coleman would agree. Both ETDs have made important contributions to
>the state of the art of piano tuning, both have a large and loyal following,
>and both will be around for many years to come.The SAT and RCT are
>competitors, it's true, but friendly competition is what makes
>the world (and PTG?) go 'round, n'est pas?

SNIP

>>Jim Coleman, Sr. (with flame suit handy)

>Mitch Kiel
>(no flame suit needed I hope, just my fuzzy flannel pj's cuz it's way past
>>midnight)
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Mitch Kiel, RPT
>authorized Reyburn CyberTuner sales and support
>1-888-I-LUV-RCT (1-888-458-8728)
>
>11326 Patsy Drive SE
>Olympia, Washington 98501 USA
>email: mitchkiel@olywa.net
>Visit the RCT Web site at http://www.reyburn.com

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
   Accelerando : what happens when drummers have to keep a steady beat.