RCT user class

mitchkiel@olywa.net mitchkiel@olywa.net
Wed, 3 Jun 98 20:25:57 -0000

>Hi Mitch,
>are there any opportunities to use-see the RTC at RI?
>Joe Goss

Joe,
   Yes.
   Dean Reyburn and I will be teaching two classes, offered consecutively
during the two Saturday morning class periods:

Session 1:  Introduction to Reyburn CyberTuner

In this introductory class, we'll demonstrate basic RCT operations,
such as automatic sample taking; selecting one of ten
stretch styles with one click of your mouse; "pre-listening" to the
tuning
with RCT's predicted beat rates; selecting the best tuning partials;
faster and more accurate pitch raising with RCT's auto-measuring
and dynamic overpull percentages optimized for each note;
"automagic" chromatic both-ways NoteSwitching (no hands or feet); saving
and organizing RCT's unlimited number of tuning files; and more.

Session 2:  Advanced RCT techniques

In this class we'll demonstrate some of RCT's advanced tools such as
Custom Equalizer, which lets you micro-adjust the stretch of
every octave and instantly see a graph of your "tweaks"; Pianalyzer,
RCT's
spectrum analyzer, which measures each partial's pitch,  inharmonicity,
sustain, and volume; using RCT's graphs and spreadsheets to analyze a
piano's scale design and create an optimized tuning; choosing one of
RCT's 57
stored historical temperaments or creating and saving an unlimited number
of
your  own; using RCT to measure and score the RPT exam faster than ever;
and more.

   Dean and I will also be teaching RCT tuning tutoring classes, with a
max of
three persons per class. In these classes, everyone will be given their
own computer
running RCT on which they'll record samples, calculate a tuning, and tune
some
notes. We'll also practice file management and take some reading with
Pianalyzer
to measure relative volume of one note's partials 1-8, 10, and 12, and
more.
   To sign up for RCT tuning tutoring, contact PTG HO via email at
<ptg@ptg.org> or by phone at 816-531-0070.

  We'll also have a booth at the exhibit hall with a piano and many
different computers
running RCT. Please stop by and give RCT a test drive anytime. Be aware
that the
exhibit hall gets crowded and noisy between classes, so if you're
interested in spending
 quality time with RCT, I suggest you skip a class (not ours!) and hang
out at our booth
during a regular class period.

Mitch

Mitch Kiel, RPT
authorized Reyburn CyberTuner sales and support
1-888-I-LUV-RCT (1-888-458-8728)

11326 Patsy Drive SE
Olympia, Washington 98501 USA
email: mitchkiel@olywa.net