stage truck

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 07:56:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Beverly,

Installing a truck isn't all that bad. I use the job as an occasion to get
a bunch of students together for camaraderie. I always get way more people
than I need, and always have sawhorses or whatever to make it as safe as
possible.

Take your time in assembling the truck beforehand and positioning it, and
lay out EVERYTHING you think you'll need. The tip in the article about
blocks of wood is indispensable, and you WILL need them. If the casters
are the type that pop out -- and they usually are -- the job is almost
fun. If you have to take legs off and unscrew casters, that's when it gets
testy, but again, prepare, prepare, prepare.

Incidentally, I'm always surprised at how heavy pianos aren't, when there
are plenty of people to share the lifting.

Mark Graham
Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory of Music
Berea, Ohio