<000301bd8f0a$0268a7e0$55ab14d1@jgrassi> <199806020350.xaa18228@ais.ais-gwd.com>">

Fig Newtons ... thoroughly, irredeemably off topic

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 04 Jun 1998 13:12:53 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Jim,

   Just to clarify, Susan K. is the one who made the comment below. Yes, I
did make a "trying to be funny" comment, but I didn't make this one. :-)

Avery

P.S. Glad to have you back, BTW.

>Uh, well, er... okay. Sorry Avery! 8-}
>
>At 02:27 PM 6/3/98 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>Hi, Jim H.--
>>
>>I believe you were off the list at the time (getting a new computer?), but
>>if you check out the archive from last January, searching for "Newton" and
>>"Hunt", you will find ... er ... a _few_ entries. He was in Cuba at the
>>time. It didn't stop us from defining a "New Ton" as an arbitrary weight,
>

>Jim Harvey, RPT
>harvey@greenwood.net

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
   Accelerando : what happens when drummers have to keep a steady beat.