Company Techs

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 19:29:15 EDT

List;
 Sometime we all take our tech reps for granted and I am as guilty of this as
anyone.  Well today I received my comeuppance and some excellent dianostic
help from Steve Pearson at Yamaha.
   I called about a conversion kit I had just installed on a Disclavier and it
played like an old player with holes in the tubing...badly in other words. I
could not get it to do the things I wanted it too and after an hour was
exasparated and had ran out of things to do that I 'knew" would work.  So I
called Yamahas' "hold for eternity tech help line" and immediately got in
touch with Steve.  After explaining my problem to Steve he suggested the
correct steps to diagnose the problem and they did not work!! After going
through several options he asked if all the plugs had been firmly
seated...............well of course they had... after all this is not a new
thing to me...I know what I am doing.  Just to humor him and salve my pride I
pressed on all the plugs again and ....SNAP.... one clicked all the way into
place.
 Well of course everything worked as it should and without Steve I still would
be working on that thingee.
  Thanks Steve, I appreciate your patience and forbearance.  And to all the
Manufacturers' telephone techies  THANKS.
Jim Bryant (FL)