The OPEN Grand - was: Bad Kitty

Alan W Deverell aland@casa.co.nz
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:58:59 +1200

The problem here is NOT the Cat - it's the piano owner.

IMHO Grand Pianos should ONLY ever be opened fully to give
performances (public or private) or to tune them.

No cat would ever insult a GOOD pianist by PEEING on him or the piano.

For practice just the first lid and adjust the music desk.

Pianos opened for other than these 2 reasons are opened for
ostentatious purpose. Perhaps the cat was indicating what it thought
of ostentatious pianos (as the cat psychology commentator below
suggested)

Pianos opened for any other reason are at risk of collecting:

Cat Pee
Dust
Leaves
Excess moisture - liquids (coffee + tea + beer + wine)
etc.

Please add to this list based upon your experiences

AlanD (who chooses to keep pianos rather than cats - but does like
house trained cats who like good pianos and even average to poor
pianists)