Unsubscribing

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 04 Jun 1998 17:58:44 -0500 (CDT)

List,

   Unless something changes, I will need to be off the list for a week,
maybe two.
   During our Texas Music Festival in June/July a George Crumb piece (Voice
of the Whale) is being done that, according to the pianist, requires a
Steinway L. Or at least a piano with basically the same scale breaks.
   So today, I suddenly find myself in the position of probably having to
rebuild one of our Steinway L's and have it performance ready by June 26.
   The Steinway dealer doesn't have one that size in his rental fleet and
he won't take a new one off his floor to rent (I can't really blame him).
   I'm ready now to start letting down the tension to remove the strings,
so in order to get more work done more quickly, before I leave tonight I'm
going to unsubscribe for a while.
   If anyone wants to get hold of me, just click on: mailto:atodd@uh.edu
or address it to: atodd@uh.edu (I didn't know you could do the "mailto"
thing either, in certain programs anyway, until someone sent me a message
yesterday with that in it.)
   Enjoy the list. I'll miss it.

Avery

P.S. Has anyone ever done/heard/tuned for that Crumb piece? How "prepared"
is the piano. The pianist says it's nothing damaging.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
   Accelerando : what happens when drummers have to keep a steady beat.