tail up or tail down

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 16:25:59 -0400

Les, even with limited moving, your words, it sounds like you either gave the
matter some forethought or were very observant. Good answer. You get a cookie!

This doesn't happen much any more with our modern convention sites, but I used
to enjoy the work-arounds -- like getting a nine foot grand into a eight-foot
(diagonal) elevator.

At 01:31 PM 6/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>With the limited moving I've done, the tail goes up first, keyboard last.
> Couple of reasons, 1) a lip on the bottom end of the board keeps the
>piano from sliding off the board.   2) the lighter weight on the tail end
>allows one to get the piano started up the incline, 3) with most of the
>weight at the bottom of the load, rather than the top, it seems to me
>there'd be less instability.
[cut]

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net