ca glue for loose pins?

Terry Beckingham Terry_Beckingham@mbnet.mb.ca
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:33:47 -0500 (CDT)

At 12:15 PM 6/8/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Have been reading some posts about using ca glue to tighten tuning pins. Would
>like to know more about this procedure. Any particular glue? How many drops
>per tuning pin? How long to let it cure? Any downside to this?  Is one
>treatment enough? Thanks again for all the info. Jim Love

Hi Jim,

I have only tried CA glue on a couple of occasions, but I was not pleased
with the result. It did have a positive effect on the tuning pin torque, but
I found that the fumes tended to turn the plate web white. Also I found that
the glue traveled up the pin to the coil and locked it firmly to the tuning pin.

Perhaps I was not applying it correctly. Maybe some on the list who has had
more experience with it can outline the correct way to apply it. I used Hot
Stuff Red which is very thin.

Regards

Terry Beckingham