Padding Lacquer (was Re: hi-tech castor cup further)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 13:17:39 -0500 (CDT)

List,

   Since James mentioned padding lacquers, I want to ask about that. Has
anyone ever done any reconditioning of a piano finish with this? Especially
on Ebony cases?
   It's mentioned in an old book I have entitled 'Instant Furniture
Refinishing and Other Crafty Practices' by George Grotz.
   I've been looking for a way to improve the finish on some of our older
pianos as I bring them into the shop to rebuild, etc. You think it's hard
to get money to rebuild with. Try getting it to have a piano refinished.
Especially a practice room instrument.
   Thanks for any information.

Avery

>	I made and stained my third poplar (solid) yesterday and stained all
>three.  I went to the WoodCrafts store yesterday and bought some solid
>mahogany and solid cherry as well as a bottle of padding lacquers for the
>cups.Today that will go on.
>James Grebe

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
   Accelerando : what happens when drummers have to keep a steady beat.