">

Yamaha Service Bond -Reply

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 14:28:11 -0500 (CDT)

Don,

   This also relates to question David V. (I believe) asked.
   From when I used to do these for Mississippi Music in Gulfport during
the mid 70's, I have a xerox type of thing entitled "THE YAMAHA SERVICE
BOND REGULATION PROCEDURE". Has verticals and grands.

   One of the comments on the first page is:

   "The time necessary to perform a service bond procedure will vary with
the condition of the piano and the skill of the technician. Our tests
indicate that *maximum* times for the pianos would be as follows:
           Spinets            2-1/2 hours
           Other Verticals    2 hours
           Grands             4 hours

Average time reported from the field is approximately 3/4 of the above."

   I also have a 3-hole punched folder (with those little brad thingies)
entitled the same. BUT, this one has procedures AND pictures.
   Boy, that was a LONG time ago.

Avery

P.S. I can't believe I'm saying this, :-) but if enough of you want it and
it's OK with Yamaha, I'll go ahead and type it out (I don't have a scanner)
and put it on the list.