Direct Interval Tuning

dpitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 13:51:39 -0600

Direct Interval tuning by measuring the cents width of intervals or by
matching up coincident partials when tuning octaves is MORE ACCURATE than
any pre-computed tuning, whether it be a stretch chart, FAC, or
whatever.  I'd sure like to see the computer that can make judgements
whereby moving one note a little sharp or flat improves some intervals
while compromising others.  No such computer or computations from one
does or ever will replace the human ear.

Basically stated, the direct interval tuning method is aural tuning with
a little more cents (sense) feedback from the piano!