WAS Re: Tune-off

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 18:05:16 -0500

This thread brings to mind a question probably some or even most of us have asked.

How hard is it really for the manufacturers to just put a decent scale on some of these
smaller pianos ?
I have tuned many pianos that were maybe not the highest quality construction overall
but they tuned nicely. On the other hand far too many seem to have been made with some
care but no matter how hard we try the scale prohibits a smooth temperament.

Why is it that we should have to re-scale these beasts when perhaps it can and should be
done correctly at the factory?

Regards,
Greg Torres