shake, rattle & roll

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 23:39:59 -0700

Susan Kline wrote:

> Too true about the birds, especially in the high treble.

My experience, exactly. Sometimes the owners can be persuaded to blanket
the critters or remove them to a distant corner.

> It's true that customers seem to clean a lot when I come. I wonder if they
> do it all the time when I'm not there.

I can't think of many who would sit quietly and listen to my tuning (the
ones that do get my best efforts). Some people seem to be compulsive
about keeping busy - as if they didn't want to get caught doing nothing
or even reading a book in the middle of the day. Likely, many are just
busy with an overbooked life, though, and I try not to intrude on it
with rigid rules about absolute quiet. RCT has been a big help in this
regard.

>>Two worst sounds to hear while tuning:
>>running water, rustling newspaper.

My pet peeve is persons who rudely talk or make noise nearby as if I
were not there. If the noise is necessary, especially if they ask if
it's alright, then I'm much more tolerant.
--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA