shake, rattle & roll

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:08:47 -0400

Can't resist this one ...

----------
> From: Rob Stuart-Vail <rob_sv@email.msn.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: shake, rattle & roll
> Date: Friday, June 12, 1998 6:14 AM

> Try nursing homes for this one.  Sometimes I have to tune in a community
> room where people are coming and going.

Ever have the nursing home residents gang up on you while you're tuning?
Once I had a group of women constantly slap me across the shoulders telling
me how irritating the noise was (and I was tuning as softly as I could).
Then one of them spotted the SAT and shouted "Now that's no way to treat a
telephone, young lady, you should be ashamed of yourself ... You need to
apologize ..."  I finally told them all to go to their rooms until I was
done.

Meanwhile a group of men came around to have a look.  One of them tried to
sing along with every note.  Another one told me repeatedly how much he
enjoyed hearing the piano get tuned, because in his younger days when his
wife was still living, the visit of the piano tuner was a state occassion.
Still another one dozed off and snored loudly.  I let them all stick around
because they were enjoying the noise, and I figured that this was probably
the only entertainment they might get for awhile.  Too bad the women
couldn't see things their way.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net