Brass butt problem

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@rpa.net
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 17:30:19 -0400

Hi Greg:

What I meant was that sometimes in a typical butt plate (with a threaded hole) the plate
is a little out of alignment which allow the plate to be tightned down but the butt still
wobbles because because the center pin is not in the groove.

As far as the glue goes, sometimes there is a tiny split in the wood below the felt lined
hole the centerpin pivots in which allows a little wobble in the hammer butt assembly.

Rob