shake, rattle & roll

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 20:20:46 -0400

Welcome to the World of The Stage!!

One thing I learned early on in performance tuning career is to find out
just how much time IS available for piano service.  Then I'll try as I
might to have the tools packed up and out of there on time.  If there are
problems, I'll work around whatever crew (sound, lighting, etc.) is working
at the time.

No doubt we all have the stories about stuff going wrong -- breaking
strings while doing the last unisons, Disklavier control boxes that didn't
work properly, and so on.

And, we have our stories about waiting for the stage crews to finish
swearing at their equipment (and the resulting delays) so that we may get
on with our tuning jobs.  After one such afternoon of chaos, I finally got
to the piano, tuned it in what little time was still available, scooped up
the tools and scooted off stage.  A gentleman approached me in the green
room as I was rearranging the tools to thank me for tuning the piano.  It
was John Denver.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net